Friday, May 08, 2020

Other people use 3-D printers to make protective gear or tools, I wanna make action figures FOR my action figures.


A ways back, we had a strip where Deadpool, looking for the missing Nightcrawler, sadly pulls out an action figure of him to talk to. It's a little rubber figure from...Brazil? South America? eBay. I'd totally buy more if I could, especially since Nightcrawler's tail is about one molecule thick and ridiculously fragile; but I've never seen them since: there were other Marvel characters as well. I used that figure multiple times, but one problem: it wouldn't be Marvel Legends-scaled!

I know there was a recent Johnny Cage Mortal Kombat figure that came with a figure of himself; but action figures for your action figures are mighty rare. And, the scale of Johnny's figure's figure would be 1/6 at least, twelve inch scale. Although I see why McFarlane went that route, since a Marvel Legend-scaled figure of an action figure would be 1/12 of about six inches, or about half an inch! (Please do not ask to see my work; it's sad to watch.) Man, that would not only be way past choking hazard territory; but painting something that size? With a jeweler's loupe; it'd probably still be guesswork just hitting the broadstrokes.

Well, I may keep trying to recreate a boxed figure. I'll let you know if I nail it! I don't think in proper Marvel continuity Gwenpool has any of her collection with her, but maybe.

2 comments:

H said...

I don't know, Gwen- 'one to stay and one to play' sounds pretty dirty too ;).


I'm torn- is this more Gwen's fangirl nature or pervy nature? Either way, I'm totally in for more Gwenpool.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Me too! More of these interactions PLZ.
Ha, "more articulated..."

Never thought of making your own action figures FOR your action figures, but that'd be a cool thing to do. I can imagine you doing something with that as a plot device, especially if you have the DCUC Toyman figure.