Tuesday, June 23, 2020

I wish I could attribute the delay to (waves hands in general direction of the world) but...

...I may have just forgot! Back in May 2015, I put a box of crap together as a time capsule, marked "Do Not Open until May 2020!" Maybe five years wasn't long enough, but let's take a look.

And, if you can trust Amazon, we're off to a good start!

Ding-ding-ding! I think I have one of those NECA Superman figures still in package, too. Of course, those prices are entirely contingent on finding somebody willing to pay that. (I'm not putting anything up for sale, as of today anyway.)

Definitely the same for Agent Venom: I wonder if maybe that's about as far as that price is going to go, since he's not currently active in the comics. I suppose if the third Venom movie was Agent: Venom, that could do it. (I suspect the movie title would have a colon!)

The Magic: the Gathering figures from Funko were both in about the $15 range, so they had not taken off to date. Ditto the Lego Christmas Train. The Lego Decorating Tree, if I bought it for $3.99 like I would guess, has quadrupled in price to around $16! Again, if somebody's willing to pay that; but are Legos an underrated investment property? Should your portfolio be full of several hundred mini-kits? Hmm. I can't quite make out the number on that City set, so moving on.

I didn't see the Kre-O blind bags on Amazon right this very second, and they may, or may not, be worth more open: there are codes to see what's in them. Assuming it's still in good shape, that retailer (Hastings!) exclusive black-and-white Zdarsky cover for Secret Wars #1 might be upwards of $50. Again, maybe, maybe not. Is that Secret Wars remembered fondly? Is it remembered, period?

Crap, I missed the fourteenth anniversary of the blog, too! Well, today's post is academic anyway, since our little time capsule is still safely snuggled away in my garage. Maybe in five more years it will build up to retirement money! I'll be too old to enjoy it by then, but still.


1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Happy 14th Anniversary Goo! Congrats on managing to stick around this long, both as a blogger and ON blogger, haha.

Yeah I'd imagine those NECA figures would only grow in value over time, especially the movie Batman and Superman ones. Hold onto that for another 15-20 years and you should be set.
Agent Venom being that high is kinda surprising considering the White variant just came out not too long ago, and you'd think that would've knocked the price down. Guess not.

You plan on making another one for this year? Ok, maybe NOT this year as most of us are going to actively try to forget this year even happened, but maybe 2021?