Wednesday, June 03, 2020

"Cop."


Is it weird that GCPD Blake there is like the only proper cop I can think of in my entire collection? Also, the photo on the Amazon link makes him look way more like Joseph Gordon-Levitt than any of my pictures are going to. And his hands did not want to hold a gun, and I don't believe he came with one, either. (Checking OAFE's review of Blake, he did not; they were able to get a gun in his left, but I was trying right.) That could have been a likeness issue; some actors don't want their figures to come with guns, like Steve Buscemi. Anyway, all cops are bastards, so who cares? Still, you could have pulled a bit of return if you had bought a case of those DKR Movie Masters and sat on them the last...eight years or so? It looks like they may go for at least two or three times the twenty bucks or so they cost when new.

Also weird: I know I have three Mary Jane figures now; since I didn't buy the most recent Homecoming 2-pack. It just feels like a proper Lois Lane figure should be out there, but DC seems like they just can't be bothered to get that going. This MJ is from Spider-Man 3; I bought her for dirt-cheap the tailend of 2009. She's always seemed appropriately sized for a Marvel Legends civilian, but with horrible posture. But she isn't Mary Jane in this one, since we saw the current ML version some time back (and she is also spendy now!) so she's just our waitress. Our weird, weird waitress...next time!

2 comments:

H said...

Well, that was unexpected. Probably was time to put that storyline to bed anyway. On to … whatever, I'm sure it'll be entertaining.

googum said...

Thanks guys! I wrote this one...mid-COVID, pre-protests. I kinda feel like Kurt is too blasé about the prospect of getting shot at; but I also kinda feel like his generation of X-Men were taught that was something that was just going to happen and not to get sore about it. The metaphor for mutant as oppressed minority takes another hit when they're all bulletproof or can dodge bullets...

I might've had another reason for the cop being a yokel, but I don't know if I'll come back to it. Maybe.