Wednesday, October 07, 2020

"Sacrifice."


I'm almost a month ahead--I finished this shortly after the news of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death broke, and if the Republicans have pushed through a replacement judge in that time, I feel comfortable in saying the Republican party and everyone who supported it is complete hypocritical garbage.

Anyway, the new Spidey figure came in, and this happened. He's described as more like maybe 70's Spidey, like Ross Andru: not as lean and wiry as previous versions, or figures like the previous "Pizza" Spidey. I'd describe him as a seasoned pro, perhaps even slightly less hapless and sad-sack. In some ways. In others, he may be a bit thick...

We all know who Crawley was, right? But Abstrakt may be new for some of you, since he was yet another Fortnite figure! I feel like I've bought a ton of those; they have definitely replaced DC figures in my buying habits.

And we might come back to this, but Shiklah's voice? I hear Alice Krige, the Borg Queen from Star Trek. Phenomenally assured of herself; she knows what's best for everyone: serving her.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Another solid chapter Goo. I'm not sure if present day comic writers for Spider-Man still follow that rule, but they should. Makes him more sympathetic to readers right?
Nice looking Spider-Man figure btw. Yeah he's definitely a different-looking Spider-Man figure than we're used to seeing and I'm all for that since variety is the spice of life.