Friday, October 23, 2020

Was his outfit leather? I read those issues but don't recall.

I sprung for the recent Venom bundle from Gamestop, and got a pretty good deal; but I had assumed they would all come together. In fact, since I ordered that retro Spidey as well, I've got three different packages for my order so far; but I'm still waiting for Carnage and Phage to complete Venompool. Who was pretty much why I ordered this set, but okay.

A head's up: Morbius's hair is surprisingly pokey! I can't recall if he's rocked this look since the 90's, though; with his raggedly cape-shawl thing. I also don't know if the "Venomized" Miles or Ghost-Spider have appeared in the comics as such. The Venomized Captain America may be out shortly, a Wal-Mart exclusive: he doesn't seem 100% necessary, but maybe. I do seem to have a pile of Venom-related figures, more than I could account for just in getting Build-a-Figure pieces. I did also get the movie Venom, but haven't opened him yet. We'll see.



1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha! "Leather Daddy"...you kids have no idea how on the no-uh tongue that is.
while I've heard of this version of Morbius I haven't actually seen him until now. Damn.
He looks more like The Cure's Robert Smith than Morbius. Hmm, "Cure" "Morbius"....I know there's a joke in there somewhere. A bad one no doubt, but a joke nonetheless.

Hell, I'll still buy him though. Why not?
You should do a brief two=panel gag comparing the two, with the classic 70's version asking what happened? and the 90's version warning his past version NOT to go to the 90's. Something like that.