Wednesday, October 28, 2020

"Dungeon."

I had to look up Red Goblin to double-check; I picked him up for the Kingpin BaF piece. I certainly didn't think I'd ever use him in a strip, but here we are!

How many people live below New York City in the Marvel Universe? I feel like I'm missing some. I'm also 90% sure there were non-mutant Morlocks, but those guys were probably left out in the cold.

Moon Knight seems to get Mary, in any of her personas, doesn't he? The result of them working through their shared condition...or something else? Abstrakt had tipped him between episodes a ways back, but he still seems tuned in to her.

I don't always hear Kurt's German accent in my head, but this time hopefully a bit, as he goes with his serious voice: that would probably be Liam O'Brien's Nightcrawler from the late, lamented Wolverine and the X-Men.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

To say I enjoyed this week's would be a MASSIVE understatement. As usual you knocked the the hell out of the park with the dialogue. Idk how you do it so well. I mean sure, you're a life-long comic reader, so that probably helps, but still, not everyone can pull it off, especially for multiple characters, and make it sound natural and not phoned in and stiff, so again kudos and props to you on that.
I keep asking how are you NOT writing for Marvel or DC or any comic company by now based on how well you write these characters, making them not only truly your own, but in most cases, better versions here than they are in real life.
The again, why would you really want to leave a nice, cushy job behind w/ job security and go officially write about your childhood favorite, what with having to deal with constant editorial interference and red tape, jealous and lecherous co-workers, not to mention the shit pay and, yeah I'm not exactly doing a good job selling you on a career in comics am I? Haha.
Plus we got all this for free every Wednesday anyways, so there's that.

That last bit w/ Moon Knight, got me thinking though. If he does have that many homeless informants, then that kinda' makes him seem like Spawn, but with w/o the nasty skin condition and bad BO...and he's rich.

Not to mention MK's comments about Mole People had me remember that one episode of the Tick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrQMZhclNt0&ab_channel=ToonGods

H said...

My Kurt voice is Neil Ross from Pryde of The X-Men. I don't know why but that's my favorite animated version of the X-Men (other than Wolverine apparently being Australian). It's a bit odd, considering my Spider-Man is the one from the 90's series and that's in the same universe as the 90's X-Men series.


I feel like having multiple identities makes you more aware of verbal and physical tics, because you have to keep track of them and how other people perceive them.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

^Never thought of it like that but that makes a lot sense.