Friday, December 25, 2020

I didn't realize they were a man down at the time.

I was actually missing the Star Wars Black Holiday Snowtrooper when I shot that one, but I thought I had them all! Snow was a Wal-Mart exclusive and may be more widely available after January 4, 2021, for some reason. I was able to track the others down relatively easily but spreading something like this across five stores is kind of a pain in the ass, especially since I'll be surprised as hell if Hasbro doesn't realize them as a box set next year, for sane people.
And an X-mas miracle: my preferred font, pig iron medium, is back! I don't know why it wasn't working before or why it's working now, but I'll take it.
And because a longer post is obviously a better post, we've got the usual pile of Christmas reruns! Hope you all got more toys than me!



It's not a perennial holiday classic...yet; but I rerun this one every Christmas: "How Deadpool saved assisted didn't wreck had Christmas." See how our production standards have barely incrementally changed in like eleven years! Although, Die Hard wasn't universally accepted as a Christmas movie back then, as it is today.

As usual, click to unwrap, er, enlarge. Not sure of the setup? The first strip's waaaay back here.





What the heck, you've been good this year...he says, based on nothing; so let's have another holiday re-run: "Jingle Bells, Blame Mattel..."


And for good measure, here's the 2015 Christmas strip, "Do They Know It's X-Mas Time at All?" Pool and Kurt had been in space for about 21 months at that point, so yeah, that plotline went on.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

So what'd you get man? I know you'll be giving us a year in review toy edition as usual, but it's always interesting to see how well others made out in that department, ESPECIALLY this year if you were shopping online and depending on the mail to get them.
I already told you, but I gifted myself Cyborg Spidey, IM 2020, New Moon Knight, Walgreens Silver Centurion IM (who'll FINALLY be here hopefully show up on monday) and Machine Man (sold him then bought him back. Should also arrive next week)

My sister bought me Retro X-factor Cyclops, so that saved me having to get him.

SO, yeah, looks like I'm back in the game again, but cherry-picking & backtracking like a mothertrucker this coming year.


I definitely feel for SW figures collectors now, because much like us ML collectors, distribution & selection is spotty at best at brick and mortar stores, something that obviously and sadly's not likely to change soon since the pressure is increasingly on consumers more and more to shop online instead. And that's not just for figures, that seems to be other items, like clothes, furniture, etc. (Looking at you Walmart and Target)
Anyhoo, hope everyone that reads this blog had a good Christmas