Wednesday, December 09, 2020

"Damn."

Was Shiklah taken out too quickly? Well, she's not one to trifle with, nor is Satana going to be interested in giving her a chance to talk her way out of it, or start a big fight. Also, I'd argue "not sticking the landing" is an important part of any crossover event! I can't think of any with a good ending, and not just because I'm trying to cover my ass...I'm joking, there has to be some good ones; statistically speaking it'd be impossible for them all to tank.

I wanted to create an effect, similar to one Jim Starlin used in an issue of Dreadstar ("and Company," I read the reprint version) where the wizard Syzygy Darklock seemingly banishes a foe to some hell, possibly with tentacles or hands dragging him down. BTW, I really enjoyed those reprints, but especially that issue: Starlin can be surprisingly funny at times.


2 comments:

H said...

I think that went on just long enough. You've already broken out the big set pieces a couple of times, no need for a drawn-out fight. It did get a bit sitcom-y, though.


I feel like Marc's offered Peter a loan before but I can't remember where. Maybe it was just to buy him dinner- whatever it was, I do remember that he got embarrassed and refused.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah I think this one's pretty much a wrap. Poor Peter. See kids, that's what a near lifetime of eating homemade wheatcakes does to one's body; make you constantly hungry like a MOTHERFUCKER! Almost as if you had a tapeworm or something...

So, where do we go from here?

Well Wade hasn't been seen in awhile, so there's that. Will the Riverdale, uh, NYC gang EVER really explore the mystery behind the ever-revolving dinner? Or does that one get saved for much LATER down the road? Maybe it should remain a mystery, idk.

I do like the chemistry Marc and Mary have, so more of them please. Maybe a double-date scenario w/ Kurt and Sat + Marc and Mary? too soon?

Either way I always look forward to being pleasantly surprised by what you unleash on us unsuspecting, but ever-faithful readers.