Wednesday, December 23, 2020

"Mine."

Aw, Mysterio makes a fat joke; but I can't recall if we've ever seen Doc Ock, in continuity, do something like eat an entire ham or something. He's an older gent and the metabolism slows down! It doesn't help when your magic arms carry you around and grab everything for you. Yes, I said magic; I can accept him controlling the arms, but what do they run off of? Tiny reactors? Have we ever seen him charge the arms? I was thinking a Sinister Six-teamup move with Electro charging the arms to overclock them would be cool; if he hasn't already done that and I don't recall. (That all-ages Doctor Doom mini, maybe...)

Also, that wrestler isn't as fat as all that, even if I honestly have to look to tell you who he is: Braun Strowman, who came with the Wreckin' Slam Mobile, which might be tough to get now. "Catch These Hands"? Yes, he did! Please rest assured that I'm not clever enough to have planned that.

Could Spidey really eat 15 Ultimate Cheeseburgers in one sitting? A competitive eater maybe could; but I think Spidey's trying to score some for laters. And is Spymaster solely responsible for the mysterious restaurant? Hmm. I've been working on another set; so we'll see.

.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ok, I legit LOL'd at this one, and popped for Strowman's appearance there in those last panels. Being a wrestling fan OF COURSE I knew who he was, I just didn't think you did, but you just explained why he's there, so good on ya' there.
Spymaster being in the data-mining business is honestly NOT out character for him, or honestly any street-level villain at this point in time in the real world, nor should it be in the MU or the Googumverse either.
CANNOT wait to see the follow up to this and a potential new side-series of Doc Ock and Mysterio going to door-to-door to find Spider-Man.

H said...

Oh that would be awesome! So many great pairings in these.


I assumed that the arms' power came from the Doc's nervous system. They're fused to his spine and, from what little I know about anatomy, nerves work with some sort of electrical impulses. Might even explain his weight issues- you'd need to eat more to power those things.


I'm picturing Spymaster in a chef's hat, going through a big stack of cookbooks- 'Hmm, what should I make tonight …?" Actually, having him behind this does explain a lot- he'd have the resources to change the décor and menu frequently, and he could always mindwipe or LMD the waitress.