Wednesday, March 31, 2021

"Cooler."

"What's Up Danger" indeed...You should probably keep your headphones volume low: I listened to my headphones for years but have developed a little tinnitus in recent years. (Which I kinda feel could be job related, although I'd never be able to prove it or anything.) I don't think Miles has Spider-sense, does he? He should probably keep his ears open for the Vulture or whatever. 

I held off a long time on buying the Alex Ross Captain America, because honestly, I have so many Caps! Then I got him at a bit of a markdown, but kept him in package until recently. He's so pretty! I thought Sat was going to comment on that, but maybe we didn't have the time. Also cut: Cap was going to apologize for throwing Moon Knight out the window, if not to Moon Knight then to the bartender. Cap might then have paid for the window and Sat's drinks; but not unlike Daredevil, Cap is going to smash the hell out of that window and then not acknowledge it in the slightest. 

While this one wraps up a plotline and will be the last appearance (for now) for Cap, Falcon, the Spideys and the Venoms; I thought we'd be done with Moon Knight and Morbius for a bit. Nope! I plot these largely by the seat of my pants, influenced by what figures we might have picked up recently, or that haven't made a major appearance yet. In fact, next week features a new guest-star (which will lead to another guest-star...) whose figure we've had for a little over a year. (Not their first figure, by any means.) Here's a hint: Kurt and Moon Knight have met him before, but Sat and Morby have not. (To the best of my knowledge. Although, arguably, Kurt and MK might not have met him, either...)


  Also, I've read a couple of King in Black crossover issues, but am not up on symbiote end-boss Knull. I know I've seen him, and it just hasn't stuck in my memory? Like, I want to say Knull looks like a monochrome version of Marvel's Dracula? And not the Tomb of Dracula, the crappy modern one. Anyway, Cap could've been under Knull's control, but neither he nor I care enough to mention him in the strip!
Ugh, I messed up the panel below and had to redo it!

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I can totally see Peter using a cooler to store Symboites in and why not, keeps em cool and crisp for the next outbreak. Speaking of, Jesus, when did coolers get so damn expensive!? The Igloo ones will run you about 100$ and there's the infamous 200$ Yeti one as well. Considering the cost of all the items you could fit in that cooler, you still wouldn't come close to that price tag.

I have no idea who you're talking about. I'm going to need at least another good hint bc they aren't that many character that Satana and Morbius haven't met...well, maybe of the cosmic variety. Say....

H said...

Ok, I want to say Puck but he's the only one that comes to mind right now- I'm sure there's others. Don't know why they'd need to see Strange for that though. Is Alpha Flight in another dimension or something? I don't keep up on them.