Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"Shot."

The fifth episode of Moon Knight should be today if I've counted right, and while I think we've seen hints and possibly after-effects, we haven't really seen Jake Lockley. While I'm old enough to recall when 'Lockley' was just an alias, not a separate persona; he's the one that fathered a daughter with long-suffering girlfriend Marlene Alraune; which I don't think the other personalities were made aware of. I don't think this is the case as often in real life, but in Moon Knight and other popular fiction with MPD, the different personas seem to dick each other over a lot. Where are the helpful alters, the ones that chip in for the bills, do some of the dishes as a surprise, make sure your car's gassed up? 

If Marc was the mercenary, and Steven the posh millionaire, then Jake was the working-man type. Which in recent years seems to have slid into 'a bit sleazy?' Taxi drivers should have a bit better reputation; don't believe the internet!

4 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I have yet to watch it myself, but they damn well better show jake after all the teasing and speculation!

Jake also being the one of the main guys responsible for a boom in unplanned pregnancies amongst the supervillain types is all kinds of awesome and lends itself to a reality show of its very own. Get on it Goo!

Speaking of reality shows, unlike Marc I came of age on HBO shows like Real Sex & Taxicab Confessions. Should I have ever watched them at my young teenage age? Fuck no, but I'm glad I did. For better or worse(probably worse?) it really helped shape who I am today. Take a bow 90's HBO late night programming.

H said...

I didn't even realize Kurt was back from Krakoa- must've gotten bored or something.

But yeah, that cabbie can get it all right. Just wonder what kind of baby you'd get from those two, if she really is pregnant. The whole 'child of a protagonist and an antagonist' bit hasn't really been used much since the late 80's/early 90's.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@H:
Considering the fact that mental illness would run deep in their respective blood lines, you're bound to get either a mutant, mentally insane super-powered mutant or a plain, normal & boring well-adjusted member of society bound to be killed off for added drama.

CalvinPitt said...

I like the casual handholding between Kurt and Sat. It's a nice touch.