Wednesday, May 25, 2022

"Cape bar."


I'm 90% sure Quasar and Moon Knight were never on the same mission as Avengers. The closest thing would probably be Infinity War, which would probably put them in Four Freedoms Plaza about the same time, but I don't think they're ever on panel together.

Also, it's probably too late since I'm at least a strip ahead, but I was trying to recall if Khonshu was for werewolves, or against. I was leaning for, but maybe not to the point that he would want his fist to turn into one. Who wants a hairy fist? ...ugh, that came out wrong.

In actual comics news, Nightcrawler's new book is out today, Legion of X #1...and I feel like Sat is actually more optimistic than I am at this point. There were some aspects of Way of X that I liked, but several others that I really didn't. That and I maintain Nightcrawler with a full beard just reeks of self-harm. In cheerier news, a more traditional looking Kurt is gonna be in the new Damage Control book, with Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and a bunch of others! That looks like a ton of fun and I heartily recommend hopping on that while you can.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ok I'm legit sold on where this goes next due to that last cliffhanger of a panel. Well done Goo.

I hear the name Vaughn and I automatically think of actor Robert Vaughn, whom myself & many of my generation were first introduced to him via the show The A-Team.

Then there's the 90's song "Mr. Wendal" from the group Arrested Development, so there's that.

Darkhawk being an exclusive in-house DJ for a Cape Bar is honestly the safest of occupations for 'Hawk these days considering just how often Marvel has had a tendency to put in messed up situations. Being lumped into group of cast-offs and losers like a bad version of the the 90's movie Singles was pretty rough but VERY 1990's of Marvel, then being cast as the youngest oldest member of a lords of the flies/Survivor death show with disposable teens wasn't a pleasant experience, then got dragged into that whole War of Kings ordeal (not a bad spotlight for him I guess even if he was probably on the wrong end of it) and finally he gets a big 30th anniversary event & push only to be unceremoniously killed off & replaced with some new guy who Marvel will undoubtedly just forget about like they did the original, until some hip, new edgy writer darling comes around to fuck HIM up to further make a name for himself. Circle of life I guess.

H said...

I believe Khonshu is neutral about werewolves, surprisingly. I mean, Marc did first show up in an issue of Werewolf by Night (come to think of it, so did Tigra- funny coincidence) as a Jack Russell enemy but that was more of a mercenary thing than a Khonshu thing anyway. Plus, I think it was retconned to be a ruse to get at some bad guys.

CalvinPitt said...

Nightcrawler's also supposed to show up in August's issue of She-Hulk, assuming the book actually ships on time. . .

For Darkhawk, I've always hated the retcon about his armor being from the Fraternity of Raptors. Tying it into the secret society meant to guide the Sh'iar empire from the shadows just didn't seem to fit. I feel like Darkhawk's better off as a mid-tier guy, rather than getting mixed up in intergalactic political struggles.

Plus, I liked the notion his armor was built for some outer space crime boss. When you think about how many weird armors and weapons we see just in NYC in the Marvel U., outer space ought to be littered with that stuff.