Wednesday, July 27, 2022

"Dibs."

...Does anyone still say "Dibs"? I don't think I've ever heard it in real life! Jake saying it, well, maybe. Especially if he's just Marc Spector's idea of what a cabbie talks like. 

Tigra was an actual cat for a bit, wasn't she? That seems potentially darker than the Void. If she hadn't been cat-sized at the time, I shudder to think what her bodycount would've been. "Dark Quasar" could potentially be the biggest bad of all: in that vein, I loved Adam Warren's Dirty Pair: Fatal but not Serious. A bad guy activates Yuri's clone, tells her this was a simulation, go kill the Dirty Pair. 'Bad' Yuri asks, what are the parameters? How hard should she go? The bad guy doesn't care, which gives her a blank check for mayhem: since she thinks it's a sim, she doesn't have to worry about property damage, innocent bystanders, common decency; she can do whatever to complete the mission. And taking those restraints off, she goes hard. Quasar, without any morality? Could be scary!

Namor didn't just fall out of the last shot; I think he would not be as sentimental as the rest. Even if he thought he would forget, he doesn't care enough to remember. On the other hand, Jake probably seems the toughest, but is pure marshmallow inside. Cries at movies, sad pet videos, etc. 

5 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I believe it's still used but I personally couldn't tell you when the last time I used it.

Dark Quasar huh? I guess if you hold the theory that the nicest, kindest people have the inverse in them, then yeah, Ol' Wendall really would be the scariest of them all. Plus all that SHIELD training too AND fully utilizing the powers & the uppermost limits of the Quantum Bands...shit, you may have just given Marvel an actual idea here.

Love to see more of this, especially some Moonwatch missions year one style.

H said...

Now I'm wondering what Marc's darkness was like. He tiptoes that line so much that he might just grow one of those Mirror Universe beards and call it a day.

googum said...

Last episode I think Sentry mentioned Jake--he was their Moon Knight; rather than Steven or Marc--was the last to turn. Probably could've got an issue out of the other bad-heroes chasing him through their moon base, before he finally turns. (And that way, we'd avoid spending a lot of time with bad Moon Knight, 'cause yikes.)

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@H: Jake...with a mirror universe goatee/beard...hmmm. I mean I'm sure Goo could make it work. Sure why not. Actually even more evil than that is Jake with a...SOUL PATCH right out of the 90's. Yeah I went there. EVIL...

@Goo: Jake as their MK DOES make sense sure. But where's Khonshu in all this? I can't imagine he's too into sharing his toys like that, Void or no Void. Speaking of, where does someone like Khonshu feel about someone or rather something, like the Void? Considering Void's power scale, even he's got to be a little hesitant to toe-to-toe with him...right?



H said...

@Goo: Might be a later episode- I did see that it was Jake as MK this time (so used to Marc doing it that I just default to him) but can't find anything about who turned when. Definitely hard to imagine him at his worst, so probably for the best that this was all oc for now.