Wednesday, July 20, 2022

"Swear."

Feel like I have a weird chapter break this week, but that could be me feeling my self-imposed deadline creeping up... 

 Also, I swear I had the Cotali mention in there before Dale's comment last week! All the adventures they reference are vaguely intended to call back old Justice League of America covers--really old ones! Go all the way back!

How much claim does Namor have to the Defenders name? I feel like less than the Hulk's, honestly. But when you have a team without any formal structure, yeah, that's pretty much the Defenders, isn't it? Even if you have a moon base...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Well that depends on if Dr. Strange legally owns the sole rights to the name right? Reminds me of when bands split up & certain original members try to establish their own version of the band with the same name or slight variation until legally challenged in court about it.

Moonwatch huh? Hey I used to love the days of Storwatch, both pre-Ellis & during Ellis, so hey why the flub not? Because of COURSE they totally had a moon base that Marc as Steven Grant paid for using various quasi-legal & illegal means & lots and LOTS of dummy, shell companies. Oh and the sales of their various foil-embossed, hologramy gimmick covers from official Moonwatch
comic books too. You can't tell me the 90's gimmick cover craze wouldn't have been good to them.

This also pretty much means you're now expected to give us an official Moonwatch adventure serial skit every so often starting....now. No pressure ;)

H said...

So they're basically a second-tier Squadron Supreme? Actually, it kinda reminds me of Shadowpact too.

I think it's a decent break- more of a 'button' than a cliffhanger but nothing wrong with comedy.

Namor has a decent claim to the Defenders name- as much as any of the originals anyway. It's barely a franchise. Secret Defenders were pretty much rounded up from the local bus station but yeah, there's no specific roles that need filling to make a Defenders team. When you make the Champions look like a well-organized team, you know there's a problem.