Monday, March 13, 2023

Mmm, that's good comics!

Damn good stuff, but I'm not sure where you could read it right this very second! From 2022-2023, Weird Work #1-3, written by Jordan Thomas, art by Shaky Kane.
I got three issues, some prints, and a coaster for backing the third issue on Kickstarter, but this didn't appear to be available on Burnt Barn Comics now. I'm hoping it gets a domestic printing from Image or something later, because it's good stuff! The hook is basically L.A. Confidential in a world like Futurama, but that might be underselling it: the plot is nice and twisty, and Shaky Kane draws everything weird. I just got it in the mail this afternoon and tore right through it. Super recommended!

Come to think of it, I think I have another Kickstarter package, that I should've torn into earlier, but I was looking to see if I got a digital copy. Well, either way, we'll get to that next!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hmmm, certainly sounds good plot-wise. LOVE just about anything Shaky Kane draws because it's just so damn cool. Retro, but modern, gross but beautiful. Sounds about right for a description of his art.