Wednesday, May 17, 2023

"Godsend."

I remember the cover from a Bullpen Bulletins page, but didn't read Howard the Duck #30 until recently--it was not in the Essential, which is mildly disappointing.
Howard also has an armored/power suit in Contest of Champions, rather than relying on Quack-Fu:
Anyway, I'm going to make an effort for Moonstone's Moon Knight to show up in the next strip, since it's been a bit: I didn't want to stage a fight scene with the New Warriors, but the Guardsmen may be in for it...

4 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

Those Guardsmen are so fucked & they don’t even know it. Poor bastards.

You know I’d say only Gene Colon could’ve pulled off that Iron Duck armor, but I’m pretty sure there was & are other artists that could do the same. Kinda curious to see what a Jim Lee drawn Iron Duck would look like. Hmmm.

H said...

Ha, surprised you didn't choose boondoggle for the title. It's a crazy word that I don't think I've heard in years. Not even 100% sure I know what it means.

Looking at it, the Guardsmen seem to have an X-sticles from Frisky Dingo vibe. I mean, it's obvious now but like I said before- I'm not real up on Iron Man stuff. That means they might have a chance of accidentally getting something right, so I'm interested in seeing what happens. Don't get me wrong- they're gonna get their shiny metal asses kicked but they might do something that snaps Marc out of it in the process.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@H:
LOVED Frisky Dingo! I always imagined Killface as sounding a lot like Alan Moore.

H said...

Always seemed like Malcolm McDowell if he had a weight problem to me, but to each his own.