Monday, May 08, 2023

Just a note for myself:

I tried a couple issues of Tom King's Danger Street, since I noticed it had Mark Shaw, Manhunter--and Warlord? And the Creeper, and Metamorpho? And...it's not for me. I see what he's trying to do, a story tying in all the characters that appeared in 1st Issue Special, but most of them are written almost unrecognizably. Hashtag not my Warlord, definitely. 

The Green Team appear to be conscienceless sociopaths burning money, which seems accurate: DC has brought them back a couple times and I can never figure out why. 

Disappointing: this is a Black Label, not really continuity thing, but I'd usually be more excited to have those characters appear at all. 

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I forgot about this until reading today's (5/23/23) blog entry. I looked it up on readcomicbooks.com and will attempt to power through and read all 4. Wish me luck.