Monday, November 05, 2012

"Proud Americans."













Awesome. I didn't think I was going to get USAgent in time for this one, but the Comic Book Shop had him for me. (They were down to an Iron Man when I left...) Although it would've been nice if he was maybe a head taller--like maybe as big as Thunderball or Piledriver--he's pretty good. Although I hated him at first in Captain America, much like fellow asshole Guy Gardner, USAgent eventually won me over: he's a dick, but all right. I often thought of USAgent as "Red State Cap," but honestly? I like him more than that...

And Uncle Sam, a couple weeks before he actually comes out from MattyCollector.com, loose from eBay, and directly from China. Nothing ironic to see here, no. Buying him loose, I didn't get the Dollman pack-in; but a small price to pay. Literally: he was $11.03, with free shipping. I wasn't planning on getting him, honestly, it was merely good timing.

Sam isn't a bad figure: paint on mine is nice, no stuck joints. He shares a lot of parts with previous figures like Gentleman Ghost or the Joker, I think. I don't much care for the hips, though--had the devil's own time getting him to sit down--and the neck might be a balljoint in theory; in practice it's just a swivel, barely any up or down movement.

We have a few posts scheduled for tomorrow, and maybe another one with Uncle Sam and USAgent. Wednesday...well, we'll see how things go...


2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Nice skit Goo, very nice. You've pretty much summed up all the characters listed really well, especially poor Uncle Sam. Like you said, since his powers and abilities depend on the will and beliefs of the people, Uncle Sam's pretty much useless nowadays. About as useless as one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest:)

Still, that is a sweet-looking figure, though, and I'm super jealous you found US Agent already.

Lastly, that Citizen Steel quote is funny as hell "I'll see you soon dad." Ha ha, sad, but so true:)

That's pretty much the quote of the week so far....

SallyP said...

I...I am stunned to see that there is an actual character with a large star on his crotch.