Sunday, April 20, 2008

Four-Twenty: This means nothing. Maybe.

Every year, for this day that probably maybe means nothing (it honestly doesn't, I just think it's funny) we post a little something tying into the popular reference of 4-20. Enjoy!
Well, step one, put the lighter down...
'A crack in the plaster'?  Seriously?
Um, yeah, that's how it got in my garden, too...
'Control other creatures,' oh, yeah, sure.
Nodder.
'Yes sir!  I snipped it, weighed it, bagged it, and sold it while you were sleeping!  Hope you don't mind!'

From Strange Tales #94, "Save Me from the Weed!" Plotted and written by Larry Lieber and Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers. Reprinted in Monster Menace #2.

For more, and frankly, more terrifying horror, check out The Horrors of It All, which posts classic pre-Comics Code horror at a frantic pace. It's not just the old EC stuff, which is about the only ones I'm familiar with; Karswell is posting stuff I'd never even heard of before. I had no idea Harvey, home of Casper and Richie Rich, used to have a horror line, until The Horrors of It All. Check it.

1 comment:

Marc Burkhardt said...

A pre-code horror comics blog? You know I'm there!!!

Plus, I'm such a nerd that I had to click on the Wikipedia link to figure out the 420 reference.

*sigh*