Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yeah, "To be concluded" in six or eight months, when I find that goddamn issue.
It's not this issue, but Frank gets to Ireland for one issue in the prior series.  It's not super uplifting.
Ooh, son of a biscuit. Is there anything more frustrating than picking up a good-looking pile of comics--say, half a dozen Ennis Punisher issues--and then realizing you have #11, #12, and #42-45? How the hell does that even happen?
Thankfully, I had a spare of this one...
I've also just realized that B.P.R.D. is a bear to sort. Some of the inside covers have "Issue such-and-such of a series" but some don't. There's one-shots too, and some are five-issue runs, and at least one was only three, and I keep expecting them to run six-issues. Right now, I'm still looking for issues in three different story arcs...

I don't think of myself as a huge Superman fan either, but I've got an entire longbox full of random Superman, Action, Adventures, spin-offs, annuals, one-shots, this and that. The vast majority of it, I think, was pulled from the quarter boxes. Actually, I think my Legion of Super Heroes are in there as well...maybe? Damn, I had the kid label the boxes, then I think half of them got turned around so the labels are facing the wall. Point is, I've lost and bought back a lot of Legion issues, like most of the "Five Years Later" run.

Batman has about a longbox and maybe a half, so far, spread across umpteen books. There are long stretches, runs I've had and held on to forever, like Parobeck's Batman Adventures or Breyfogle's or Jones' art.

Anyhoo, the sorting continues, like six days in. I still have a couple more days to wrap it up, and this Sunday we've got a special post, then hopefully a new homemade comic on Monday. See if I'm done by then...

Panels from Punisher (MAX) #11, "Kitchen Irish, part five" Written by Garth Ennis, art by Leandro Fernandez; and B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs #3, written by Mike Mignola and art by Guy Davis.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

That's what happens when you go browsing through the dollar boxes. You pick up one or two, and next thing you know, you're dropping tons of money on the rest of the run, trying to figure out what happened.

Oh, Comics are a cruel cruel mistress.