Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"Initiated."
Man, Cap's hand looks weird there...
As usual, click to enlarge, and so on, and so forth...last week's strip here.
I know Cyclops is in charge and giving orders and blah blah blah, but is he effective?  At all?
Production values away!

Originally Wonder Man was going to be manning the desk, but I thought it would be more funny to go with someone who was more qualified.
I don't think I'd tell Ms. Marvel I was a Skrull...but I might not disillusion her of that notion, either.
Cue up the loudest, trashiest music you have right about now...
I kind of wish I had at least flipped through Ellis' Thunderbolts, but he kinda needed maybe one likeable character...
From the Sugarpie collection.  That dog actually wanted to get in his cage when I was doing this.
And here I insult maybe three readers...oh, prove me wrong.

Credit where due: Pretty sure the Helicarrier art is Jack Kirby, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent art by Keith Pollard, from various Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe issues.

Nick Fury is going to be back in short order for Secret Invasion, along with the "dramatic" reveal of where he's been. I defy you to tell me it would be better than this, and personally hope Nick shows up smelling of booze, cigar smoke, and cheap sex, no other explanation.

I haven't read Iron Man regularly since Tony Stark was made secretary of defense, towards the end of his previous series. Even though that probably wouldn't, or shouldn't, have been a permanent direction; I didn't care for the way Bendis went out of his way to crap all over it in Avengers: Disassembled. And I wasn't paying attention: how did Stark manage to get fired from secretary of defense yet still become head of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Oh, I don't care.

By the way, the role of Bob has been taken by the figure of Enterprise's Lt. Reed, the actor Dominic Keating. Give him a hand!

5 comments:

SallyP said...

Magnificent as usual. The scene with Nick Fury and Blackhawk just MADE it perfect. Of course Fury would show up half-drunk and unshaven. And he could STILL kick Tony Stark's metal ass.

Stephen said...

lmao.

whats the catalyst behind this unlikely tag team of dead pool and nightcrawler? am i missing something?

Marc Burkhardt said...

Too bad there isn't a Sgt. Rock action figure to throw in there as well. You know Frank could hang with Fury and Blackhawk.

As for how Iron Man could go from drunk secretary of defense to head of SHIELD ... ummmm, magic! Yeah, that's it.

googum said...

Keeper: Oh, just wait...no spoiler, but there is a DC Direct Sgt. Rock, so...

Stephen: The Deadpool/Nightcrawler teamup was initially meant as a rebuttal against the comic Cable & Deadpool, since I liked Deadpool but could care less about Cable. (Admittedly, Nicieza did a pretty good job on making the pairing work, and sold me a bit on Cable.) My first joke was that saleswise, Deadpool couldn't carry a book in a wheelbarrow, so Nightcrawler is bussed in for support.

That, or they're two of my favorite characters, who's toys happened to be lying around...

Sally: The weird thing is, I'm pretty used to everyone being pissed off at Tony. The old Jim Rhodes/War Machine storyline is one of my favorites, and Jim gets super-pissed at Tony for lying about being dead. Almost unreasonably so, since Tony had his reasons and very well could've just died anyway. And that seems pretty minor compared to some of the other stuff he's done...

Esbat said...

Nice one.