Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Fear...this."


You really need to click to enlarge this one, sorry.


If Marvel's Fear Itself ends with the heroes defeating the Worthy with another batch of magic hammers, I'm going to be pissed. And DC should be pissed, since that would be pretty much the same ending as Blackest Night; if you substitute "Black Lanterns" for the Worthy and "a Skittles bag full of power rings" for magic hammers.

I know Bendis recently did an Avengers issue that was mostly talking heads (check out the preview for Avengers #13, where you see the Red Hulk eat eggs...) so I thought I'd give that a try. While I had a lot of Thor figures to borrow hammers from--the old Toy Biz Avengers series, Cap has the too big for him Famous Covers one, and various Marvel Legends versions--I did not have a lot of other hammers, which was kind of a surprise considering how many swords and guns are in the collection. (Stupidly, I realized later I forgot to give someone Ronan the Accuser's hammer.)

Why is this strip today, rather than the traditional Wednesday? Because I'm going to be out of the office all day? Well, I am, but no: May 24 is the fifth anniversary of Random Happenstance! Is there a five year chip for blogging? Well, I've had this blog longer than I've had my 401k, so it seems like I won't be done anytime soon.

A big thank you to everyone who's ever stopped by and said hi; and a tip of the hat to all the blogs on the sidebar, past and present. Up for another five? I could do that standing on my head.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Happy 5th year Anniversary Goo! Wow, that is an accomplishment. I know I just started reading your stuff over the last year or so, but it's nice to know you can still crank 'em out and not have horrible writer's block like we all get sometimes, or Seth Mcfarlene for the last couple of seasons of Family Guy. God that guy needs to either end the show or let someone else do it; oh wait he's already letting someone else write it, and it still sucks! Oh well, oh shit, sorry man. Got on a little rant there. Anyways, I liked the little riff on Fear Itself. I might mention it in passing, but I just don't care enough about the so-called "event" to even spoof it properly.

Loved the lines where Cap's trying to figure out how his old enemies like Zemo, Skull, and Batroc can have kids. He's right, who would honestly sleep with these duchebags? Well, there's several suggestions on how, most or all can not be printed on this forum. You know, we gotta' keep somewhat PG for the kids out there right?
And seriously, how has Bendis not jumped on that line of thought about Cap's enemies having kids? That's right up his alley to talk a subject to death like that.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just a wordy guy, but you still rock man, so congrates. Oh, and you share an anniversary of sorts with someone well-known; It's Bob Dylan's 70th birthday in case you didn't know.

Oh, and before I forget, I had a guy from the Doompedia blog post on my blog, and I recommended he go see yours to read all of your DP skits. Now you officially have 2 more people foaming at the mouth for your latest/last installment of Doom Idol. No pressure or anything....HA!

SallyP said...

Hilarious as usual. And Happy Anniversary! You HAVE been at this for a while! And it has only improved with age.