Thursday, July 11, 2013

For $.99, Good! For $3.50? Bad. (That joke, Ugly...)


Quick one today: I mentioned some time back getting most of Dynamite's The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly comics; and yesterday I picked up a couple of their earlier series, The Man with No Name. Conveniently (or confusingly) enough, the first story arc was "The Good, the Bad, and the Uglier." (Written by Christos Gage, illustrated by Wellington Dias.) Blondie and Tuco's brother, Father Pablo Ramirez, are up against a horde of army deserters who will overrun the father's mission in search of an imaginary treasure. To make matters worse, among the deserters is the phenomenal sniper known only as "the Ghost."

(A silly joke there--reference here)

I found issues #4 and #6 for $.99 each at Hastings, and would love to check the other two local stores for more, but I'm swamped lately. Perhaps today I can squeeze in time for a little more reading for tomorrow's post!

No comments: