Wednesday, July 03, 2013

"My A.I.M. is True."

We've done strips before where Deadpool picks up plot devices weapons at MODOK's yard sale, and I had been wishing Hasbro would make some Marvel Legends AIM beekeeper scientists then, too. Or the Super Adaptoid...

And while Adam Warren touched a bit on the robot edges of it with Livewires, I really think you could write a good Advanced Idea Mechanics series, or at least a limited. In the Marvel Universe, a young genius might not have to settle with a job at Microsoft or Apple, or scrounge and beg for funds for a startup: they may get to play in a bigger arena...While I figure S.H.I.E.L.D. would be right there trying to dissuade said genius from going the beekeeper route (or poach them for themselves, trying to appeal to a sense of patriotism or duty) AIM would make a sweet-sounding offer: money, equipment, and assistance to pursue whatever research they deem fit. And all they have to do is share their work with AIM...and maybe help out on another project or two.

Still, even if this was plotted, written, penciled, and inked; it doesn't sound like a project Marvel would even glance at these days. They might've tried it late nineties, early 2000, maybe.

Tomorrow: a special for the Fourth! Wait, tomorrow? Better get cracking...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ahhh, loving this! Loving it! I'm gonna' have to steal this idea myself. Consider yourself forewarned;)