Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Got the Death Dealer and Xialing from Amazon yesterday! And lucky I'm not a mint-on-card kind of guy, since Xialing's package was squozen nearly flat! Only the Mr. Hyde torso saved it.
I'm not sure Hyde's head is quite right, but okay. Also, got the Jurassic Park John Raymond Arnold the other day too: I took the above picture on the fly, and I might have been going for an Avengers initiative joke there somewhere and didn't make it there.
Next up is probably M.O.D.O.K. and She-Hulk, although they'll arrive a couple days apart, for some reason. And I did get a Fwoosh ninja that was marked down a bit, and he wasn't bad! My only complaint is the wrist pegs are like the Mezco One:12 figures, a little small. We'll probably see him later.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I guess I REALLY can't talk shit that we finally got a Mr. Hyde ML figure this year, but man, that head and hat sculpt though just makes him look too much like Lucky's older, steroid-abuser brother who also happens to have a creepy bitcoin side hustle going on. Still, that's probably all we're likely to get for the next 10 years or so at least.

Saw the trailer for Shang-Chi, and naw, easy pass. I get he's been slightly updated for the times, but it already seems like the kung-fu spy thing he was proudly rocking for so many years is being changed up for a younger audience, and in fact this movie might actually be intended more for the kids than my age group. If so, that's fair seeing as there's usually something for everyone to enjoy, just not this for me.
And the figure selection is even worse, with the Secret Empire era Hologram IM being a hard maybe if that right now.
I HATE it when Hasbro saddles an ify wave at best with a much-wanted but still not uber-mainstream BAF choice.