Wednesday, May 12, 2021

"Summon."

I don't know why Kurt is channelling Hank Hill today...actually, of course we have seen Kurt punch Mephisto in the face before, back in Nightcrawler #12.

Morbius is a smart fellow, but I'm not sure English is his first language, so "reconnoiter" could have snuck past him. Also, Doom probably knows Morby's name, but calling him by name would be too great an honor. He's actually fought Moon Knight, so he could probably give him that much. 

EDIT: Most of the joints in my old Marvel Select Mephisto are tight to the point I'm afraid they'll break, with the exception of his hips, which are as loose as Doom's mom...what, too soon? Marvel Select is at long last reissuing their Watcher figure; but I wonder if Mephisto would ever get the same consideration. I also think his throne has been bootlegged, possibly more than once; I see it more often on eBay.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I say this hyperbole-free and totally 100% non-biased, and given my current times zone, it's probably a little to early in the day to say, but goddamn
if this week's skit wasn't the highlight/ best part of my day so far...

I could EASILY read an entire series of nothing but Mephisto eloquently talking shit to Doom and ALWAYS sneaking in that "just like your mom" at the end, and Doom just having to take it for now because he REALLY needs Mephisto's help he just won't admit it. Good stuff for the kids man. Good stuff.

Love the disses by 'Phisto as well.
At first I thought he was referring to Morbius when he said "Hell's prom queen." Don't ask me why, it just struck me funny. I figured because of the Robert Smith hair and Edward Scissorhands outfit, that's who he meant, not Satana, which fits too.

I'm also on the fence about whether or not Phisty was right about Kurt being able to do better. Could he? Sure, but if he's happy with that sexy daughter of Satan who's also a world-class functioning alcoholic, who are we to judge who's right for who?

That's another thing I'd probably be wiling to pay to read on a regular basis; The Word Association game starring Mephisto. That's your next Disney Plus series right there!

Makes me sad we STILL don't have a modern ML or MS Mephisto figure. Mephisto-willing maybe in the next year or so.

I like where the Frogman bit's going, especially the angle where Mr. Psycho's pulling a Neron with low-rung villains. Another solid long-term skit story.

Jesus dude, you shit out more interesting sub-plots than most hired comic & tv writers do, and you do this all for free!
Shit, I just gave you an idea for you to start your own Pateron thingy too didn't I?

H said...

Wow, Frogman- he's really starting at the bottom, isn't he? Really enjoying this, and can't wait to see who'll get 'tempted' next.