Wednesday, June 30, 2021

"Entire."

Ben, Johnny, and Sue have long since figured out, they can trash-talk Doom until he blows his stack, and he will still always take the first shot at Reed instead. And they have been harsh on him; doesn't matter. I absolutely feel like Doom would threaten to kill someone with his bare hands, even though he hasn't removed his gauntlets in who knows how long. I'm also not sure how many battles he loses nowadays by losing his temper like a colossal baby, but after a couple of weeks of "Doom is supreme" I was kind of fed up with him. That said, I did consider having Namor stop by to try and talk Doom out of handling the Darkhold, then having the FF show up, but the scene was already getting crowded, and we've been missing someone here for a few episodes. Also, as I type this, I'm a month ahead (and as it posts, I'm super-behind!) but may have the hankering to put together a new set. Which would go...somewhere; I'll figure that out later.

3 comments:

H said...

I'm surprised that worked. I would've figured the helmet would be the second part to get reinforced against super-strength (number 1 you can guess easily- Ben's willing to fight dirty). A solution's a solution though, and Reed's definitely got a containment unit for dark magic items.

Is there a consensus on whether Fantastic Four is a collective noun or just the name of the group? 'Fantastic Four has arrived' sounds a little weird to me but I could see it being the more common version. I also tend to think of the members individually more often than as a team.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@H: Oh, how so?


I don't know if Doom takes bubble baths or baths at or just has a Doombot hose him down while wearing his armor like a car-wash, but I can him wearing his armor during all that. Solid point about him not taking his gauntlets of, not even for personal alone time w/ Lil Vic of the need ever hits him. Knowing him, he might claim to be above such trivial basic needs/instincts like that to the point of possibly being asexual. Who knows.

Funny bit about the FF following Satana on Instagram. At least Johnny's honest why he does, but that doesn't explain the rest of them though.

Ok, so with Doom out of the picture, where do we go from here? You'd think by now The rest of the Midnight Sons & Dr. Strange would stop by to grab the book. At the very least send in GR (since it's been his week on here so far) or even Brother Voodoo.
Can't Satana just poof it away herself and save everyone the hassle?

H said...

It just seems a bit stilted to me- like I said, I tend to think of them individually so 'have arrived' is where my mind goes first. It could be either version but I don't know which one is the preferred version.

I feel like Doom has one of those Star Trek sonic showers, or maybe a micro-laser that also keeps his body hair nice and trimmed. Can't have intake vents all clogged up.