Wednesday, June 02, 2021

"Hop."

I backpedaled from Frog-Man going all psycho-boy, which very easily could have happened if I had randomly stumbled across, say, a McFarlane frog-monstery thing. On the other hand, that almost certainly would've had the articulation of a brick, and Doom is already testing my patience on that front...I don't even think Doom's articulation is bad, or unsuited for a guy in heavy armor; I'm just not getting the range out of him. Some figures are better 'actors' than others. Is Doom phoning it in...? 

Also, since I don't have that other Dr. Doom, the more first-appearance style one...didn't he come with a Darkhold? But I think it's open; I needed a closed one. Where did this book come from? A Buffy/Angel figure? Hopefully you can tell it's a book and not a handbag in these pictures.  

And, the return of the old Toy Biz Kang! Ah, from the old Ares/Wal-Mart series. There was actually at least one other one, in that Fantastic Four not-movie line that just about nobody saw; the line that had Dragon Man. Hmm, those Kangs may actually be the same; maybe slightly different paint? And FF-Kang came with a missile-launcher thing, and is far more expensive right now on eBay. Dragon Man is still ridiculously pricey,  but, it looks like maybe you could get one from China? Best guess, somebody helped themselves to the old Toy Biz mold and is knocking them out for fun and profit? Buyer beware, and of course the moment you spring for something like that, Hasbro will announce an updated version...

Maybe the kid that played Gibby on  iCarly could play Frog-Man, I'm not sure he's returning for the revival. He may have had something else to do, or maybe he's rich and called it quits...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Apparently he's wisely skipping the reboot. Good for him. Probably gonna be canceled once those now 20-something's realise it's just not the same as the show they used to watch and it inevitably gets cancelled.

Shit, now I wish I'd kept my previous Kang. I'm not against posting an occasional skit on Twitter every now and then, so that always could've been something. Oh well, maybe I'll hunt him down on Mercari or something.
Still, glad you managed to work that bit in like you said you were thinking of doing. That sort of thing should happened in the comics more often than it does.

Anyhoo, HILARIOUS shit with Frog-Man shooting his shot and promptly getting shot down. It'd be out of character for him if it HAD worked. At least with Satana she could've always claimed to be drunk...well even drunker than the business/casual drunk she normally is around here.

Doom works fine for me, guess it depends on the figure you get. He's definitely more articulated than the previous one with the removable face mask and cap/cowl combo.
I am tempted to crap that 1st app Doom more so because I like the bright colors rather than the drap, muted palette the regular Doom figures get stuck with. Plus that IS a cool magic book packed with that one.