Wednesday, August 31, 2022

"Filthy."

I didn't intend for these guys to show up again! And they aren't done yet. Maybe my goddamn Havok will turn up today...

Darwin doesn't seem to have the trauma over fighting the old, "island that walks like a man" Krakoa that Vulcan still does: I believe he was living on the moon, at the "Summer house" with Cyclops and all, but might have since gotten thrown out: he's deeply traumatized, but also remarkably unlikeable? Vulcan was actually killed in proper continuity, and I'm not positive he's been re-spawned yet? I feel like he kind of has to be: his power was no joke; he was definitely one that could turn the tide against major attacks. Then wreck things in a massive tantrum or freakout...

I'm not sure Maggott has gone through the rebirth jazz, although for a bit a lot of young mutants seemed to be treating it rather lightly. That's the sort of thing that'll come back and bite somebody. I don't know if the mutants can bring back dead ones that fast, either: have they brought back serious numbers, like a thousand or more yet?  I also think they should have serious redundancies and back-ups ready, too. In the recent Eternals one, they hit Egg/Goldballs, but he had some eggs set up in advance: feels like they should have more of a plan, but maybe we aren't privy to it. 

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Thena? Nice. yeah she's DEFINITELY out of his league and more or less wouldn't be receptive to his hitting on her due to his own issues but mainly because of the current Judgement Day "event" that's going on right now, although I'm not sure if you're planning on referencing that right now or what.

Can't remember how Maggot got brought back but I do remember how he died. Whoever thought killing him off in a random issue of Weapon X in a concentration camp was a good idea CLEARLY didn't like him to do him like that.

That does raise a good point. There will definitely be a clear divide in philosophy amongst the older & younger mutants when it comes to dying & being resurrected. I imagine the younger mutants becoming jaded to the whole thing, and definitely taking it for granted, meaning they'd develop total nihilistic behavior.

I am curious though, when does Death finally address this huge cheat code mutants have & attempt to put a stop to it?