Wednesday, August 17, 2022

"Cirque."

Kurt is old school: a proper circus should have sawdust, and elephants, and peanuts; which I'm fairly sure Cirque du Soleil doesn't. And shame on me for forgetting, and forgetting if I mentioned it before, he also has one of the old Blackbirds, which Storm gave him in his last solo series. Of course, he also seems to be able to teleport anywhere now, but whatever.

What Moon Knight has going in Mozambique isn't necessarily important; and I know in both the TV show and recent continuity Khonshu has been a god of travelers, or possibly fast travel. I just thought it was a neat way to get Moon Knight and Quasar to interact, and that I could totally see Jake suddenly realizing he needed to be somewhere across the planet in 20 minutes. Moon Knight probably used the card as a communicator at some point--probably in West Coast Avengers, I'd bet. 

3 comments:

CalvinPitt said...

The casual hand-holding between Sat and Kurt is sweet.

Wasn't Quasar able to speak to people through his quantum bands? Maybe that was only his mentor person, but I thought I remembered him contacting his dad, or maybe the Avengers that way once. An i.d. badge would probably seem pretty crappy compared to that.

H said...

It's not a circus though- it's a cirque. Right there in the name- performance art, not common man entertainment. I don't think they do it under a tent usually, either.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@CalvinPitt:
The casual hand-holding is nice to see isn't? About time we get to see a solid comic book couple & relationship portrayed in a positive, but realistic manner.

I can definitely see Kurt being a Circus snob & giving Circuses like Cirque De Soli and MTV's Nitro Circus the side-eye & turning up his nose & pointed tail to both of them. Plus if you're not trying to nail your adopted step-sister are you even trying?

Definitely want to see more interactions between Marc & Wendell because honestly this is the most time they've ever spent around each other, excluding any major Avengers emergency meetings or Crossover events with the world Infinity in them.