Wednesday, January 03, 2024

"Modulator."

I'd have to look, but I wanna say I wrote this one before I read X-Men Blue: Origins or the last issue of Uncanny Spider-Man; and things weren't looking good for Kurt prior. It turned out okay, and I really enjoyed the series, but we won't be in all of that continuity, since here Kurt's still with Satana. I do still kinda wish he had got the full Spidey experience, though; like J.Jonah Jameson yelling at him for forty minutes...I also think I just let the Serpent Society thing drop, like Kurt just said "no thanks" and left. Then again, I don't think the Society would push much harder than that: that's how you get Wolverine on your case or something. Hmm, would Kurt have got to watch cartoons as a kid with Margali and the circus? Maybe? Would Cyclops or Storm have watched them, before their assorted childhood traumas? I think probably, but they might not have devoted them to memory, either.

4 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

Hey sometimes things end that way…suddenly & with little fanfare.
They should DEFINITELY be glad they just kidnapped Kurt & not some other mutant with angry issues and can carry a grudge.


H said...

Geez, Kurt went full Cyclops with that monologue didn’t he?

They’ve played Looney Tunes on TV for so long and so frequently (they still do, actually), that it’s almost impossible to avoid having seen some of the big ones. Plus, you know- streaming. They’re definitely sharing passwords for all of them on Krakoa.

CalvinPitt said...

I'm trying to picture how Kurt would prank Jonah. He can do the "web his mouth shut/web him to his chair" move. Teleport him onto a flagpole? Surreptitiously use his tail to drop Jonah's pants?

Uncanny Spider-Man was alright; I liked, but didn't love it, but I'm also not sure what I was expecting it to be, so. . . . Kurt really ought to just cut Mystique out of his life entirely (so should Rogue for that matter.) Nothing good ever happens to anyone else when she's around.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Calvin:

I'm in huge favor of the teleporting him onto a flagpole bit myself, but then he could always fall to his death?

Agreed, but he's a good son so he won't.