Wednesday, January 10, 2024

"Remodel."

I bought several Indiana Jones figures, but so far haven't completed any of the "Build-an-Artifacts." Close on the Grail Table, though; although I'm also kicking myself for not picking up some Dungeons & Dragons figure with a cup that would've fit right in. (And I did get it, since!)

What Ch'od refers to as "scurvy herring" might be a callback to my own childhood, as I had Norwegian-descended grandparents that would serve up lutefisk at the holidays! It's dried fish, that "takes a gelatinous texture" and is about as appetizing as it sounds. Actually, I'd probably appreciate it more now, when I was a kid I threw up at the drop of a hat.  Well, yeah, I was served lutefisk, for god's sake.

"Pffft" may be earth's one gift to the galactic discourse: that was a recurring throwaway/really subtle gag in Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, where some bots can make that noise, and others can't, which is probably a bit challenging without lips. Sigh, I wanna take the time re-read that.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

So Satana’s remodeling the bar huh? Any particular reason why or just ‘cause?

Dried, gelatinous fish sounds nasty af. The only Swedish fish I’ve ever been into is the red candy kind. Probably about the same kind of texture but definitely not taste.


CalvinPitt said...

Carol's an old friend from her Binary days, I'm sure there's a "Starjammers code." Right?

No? Run Ch'od!