Wednesday, July 03, 2024

"Joined."

I didn't think we were going to get the Liefeld Cable in there, and yet, here we are. Also, having one Stryfe figure is weird enough; having two very slightly different ones feels perverse somehow. I've only read a few comics with him, but in the Krakoa era, there were notes from a Quiet Council meeting where his resurrection was up for a vote, and was maybe unanimously shot down. The fact that he's maybe not a mutant, but a clone of a mutant, feels like splitting hairs; but he probably was downvoted just because he's a jerk. 

4 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

Most DEFINITELY a jerk.

H said...

I just saw a Cybertruck on the road last week- it looks cool but yeah, I kept my distance.

I’m guessing Kurt’s interested party is either ‘Pool (though that may be too obvious) or Ch’od. Either way, this is getting crowded.

CalvinPitt said...

If it's not Deadpool, it's Cyclops. Force that deadbeat to spend time with his son (and the clones of his son!)

Stryfe is a jerk, but so were a lot of people Krakoa welcomed with open arms. I know there were definitely storylines about clones of mutants and if they got to be resurrected. Maddy Pryor was originally denied on those grounds (definitely not because Cyclops didn't want to be reminded what a shitbag he is) and Scout/Honey Badger worried about what would happen to her, since she's a clone of X-23.

I've seen one Cybertruck. I'd struggle to believe anyone would spend $100K on that thing - I wouldn't buy one for 20% that cost - but like Dr. Seuss said in The Lorax, "you never can tell what some people will buy."

Mr. Morbid said...

I struggle to find ANYTHING even remotely appealing about not only this fugly ass cyber truck trend, but Teslas as well. In this current economic climate, I can’t believe so many people who have the financial means to buy them do so, clearly wasting their money when it could’ve been used for something else better.