Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I hope my gritty redesign goes as well.


From 2015, Bat-Mite #4, "The Gold Standard" Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Corin Howell.

So I actually had Monday off, scheduled some months ago, probably to finish my Christmas shopping. Which I mostly have, but now have a terrible sneezy cold. And my antenna inexplicably quit during the Cowboys game last night, yet worked just fine this morning when I turned on the TV and got something called "Hot Bench." Whatever you've just imagined from that title, I guarantee you it was more entertaining than the ten seconds of whatever I saw. And I haven't got my new computer set-up just right yet, because I have to get up and move around the computer to do a scan. And I'm sure I have other excuses, if you give me a minute...

Oh, and today's book? Like Prez, I didn't read Bat-Mite when it came out--out of that wave of relaunch books from DC, I was getting Omega Men and Bizarro; both of which I also enjoyed but collectively they barely made a ripple in terms of sales. Today's issue features none other than Booster Gold, who really should've been on Legends of Tomorrow by now.

It occurs to me that most of the readership for this issue was probably closer to the "Hero Britches" demographic than 18-25...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Cable and cold problems huh? Sorry to hear that man.
I have this one since you sent it, and now I think maybe I should give the series a try. How was the Bizzaro stuff?

Yeah definitely agree that we should've already gotten a glimpse if not outright appearance of ol' Booster by now, especially by season 2. Maybe by the finale. They better hurry though. I've heard the ratings have been steadily dropping, so I hope there's a season 3 .

SallyP said...

I miss Booster.