Monday, June 14, 2010

In comics, "security guard" has a life expectancy like "Bambi's mom."


Probably a little worse than that...I've known a few at my work, who thankfully have been more safe.

Anyway, this page from Xombi #1 isn't just from one of my favorite, long-cancelled books; and it underlines the utterly disposable nature of security guards in comics, but the Rustling Husks and their screaming guns are barely the start of the weirdness in this one. It still kills me that DC hasn't been able to do anything with Milestone, although I know Xombi made an appearance in DC's Brave and the Bold team-up book.

From Xombi #1, "Silent Cathedrals, part one" Written by John Rozum, art by J.J. Birch.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Heh. Can you imagine what the turnover in security guards must be at any random Gotham City museum? The board of directors has never ever had to pay out any pension funds, that's for sure.