Friday, June 18, 2010

The pile of stuff on my desk this Friday:

All over the map here, so let's take a look:

Even though he's not a character I have any great fondness for, I grabbed Joker's Asylum II: The Mad Hatter as soon as I saw it, on the strength of Bill Sienkiewicz art. Actually, the art's Sienkiewicz and Keith Giffen, but nothing wrong with that. And writer Landry Quinn Walker delivers a good, disturbing story with a guy I always thought of as a C-list Batman villain. While I haven't so much as glanced at the other Joker's Asylum issues, this one is the one to get.

Between yard sales, store closures, and general clearance; I've once again built back up a small pile of unwatched DVD's. I still had the original Death Race 2000 and an Ultraman set I hadn't even opened yet; and I got cheap, used copies of G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, the Spirit, Crank 2, Big Trouble in Little China, Fight Club, Paranormal Activity...Whiteout...I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Some of these were cheaper to buy than to rent, so even if they reek it doesn't hurt anything.

And yet, I seem to watch a lot of Dr. Who and Star Trek reruns lately. (Next Gen and Original. Although I'd watch DS9 again if given the chance...or any old Dr. Who episodes. Old old, I mean.

I loved the original Clash of the Titans as a kid, and the remake is playing at the local discount theatre this week, so I was hoping to check it out today or tomorrow. (In no-D, since I'm not coughing up what, twelve bucks or more for all the bells and whistles.) And yo go re of OAFE.net mentioned getting the NECA Perseus figure at FYE for cheap, so I got one at my local Suncoast, also on the cheap. For some reason, this particular Suncoast still had seven or eight Perseuses...Peseusi? Apparently, they got a caseful. For a change, I checked the paint on them, since some had some smudging and one a particularly unfortunate Hitler mustache. Best guess? I'm guessing I can get Jonah Hex figures for the same rate come August...

Oh, hell; Futurama: Bender's Game is on, and I only have to be awake in...like six hours. Have a good weekend!

No comments: