Wednesday, May 08, 2019

"Halt."


For a long time in Uncanny X-Men, before he first left the team, Nightcrawler seemed to do an awful lot of support jobs for the team. Repairs on the Blackbird or the Danger Room, medic duties, even the odd bit of hacking...and this is just pissing me off now, you never saw Storm, Wolvie, or Cyclops on that detail. Just like most jobs though, you show a bit of competence at something, next thing you know it's "your" job, even if you don't get any more cash for it. Bah! Kitty Pryde, of course, did the lion's share of computer duties; but there were a couple occasions where Kurt mentions using her training. I wonder who was a worse teacher, Logan or Kitty? Figure both of them would hit you when you got it wrong...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Solid point I've never thought of before. I mean they never show or explain how any of the X-Men know how to fix planes, danger rooms, etc. I guess Claremont figured it'd be best to leave all that stuff to happen on- and off-panel instead. Probably best not to think too much about it I guess.

SallyP said...

Frankly, Kurt is making perfect sense here.