Friday, May 03, 2019


So when we looked at Clayface a couple weeks back, I mentioned how great it would be not to have to (yeah, like they were holding a gun to my head) buy any more Mattel Superman figures. I didn't even make it two weeks without buying another one, although in my defense he was severely discounted and a blunt instrument of destruction. Oh, and he continues our tradition of buying figures from games I don't play! From Injustice 2, Superman platinum edition. Well, he's metal, maybe not platinum, though.

Because I can be cheap as hell, I held out until he was down to ten bucks at a TJ Maxx; but I feel like he was way more expensive at some point. Hmm, he may have been $30 at GameStop; and I almost thought he was an exclusive. Or exclusive for a while? There was also an Injustice 2 Batman, with ears that are probably stabbing hazards, and a full-face mask that probably makes more sense but doesn't look right to me. In the same vein, this is a modified Superman-suit, with gloves, fancy raised elements but not the texturing of a lot of uniforms lately, and a headpiece with chinstrap. (I never think Cap looks right with a chinstrap, either.)

Superman's face is a little too plain: he shouldn't be craggy or weathered, but there's not much going on there. Also, like every other Mattel Superman, he can't look up for a proper flying pose; just up far enough to stare into the middle distance. Cloth cape though, all the better for throwing! I wonder how many teeth this bad boy chipped...oh, like kids play with toys anymore.

And we're not getting a lot of pictures here, because the battery for my camera is not holding much of a charge, so I'm going to have to pick up another this weekend. (My ancient camera stays, though!) And we did get Marvel Legends Hercules, Beast, and Gambit recently! Pretty great. Although, wanna hear something weird? I was at a Wal-Mart the other day, and I swear somebody stole a Living Laser! Left the Thanos torso, even. So weird. Have a good weekend!

No comments: