Friday, January 24, 2020

For some reason, I was expecting this to be smutty...


Even though I bought it used from EntertainMart, when I got Green Lantern: Intergalactic Lawman it was shrink-wrapped. I was afraid Hal was going to go full-frontal...Anyway, it was okay? I did appreciate how Morrison is completely unafraid to take an idea or plotline another writer would give six issues and burn through it in a few pages. Although, I swear a couple plot points had been done fairly recently even, like the Darkstars or Hal supposedly going renegade.

Another pickup this week that won't really fit in the scanner? Tom Peyer and Chris Giarrusso's Hashtag: Danger. (With Randy Elliott and Andy Troy.)
It's kind of a riff on adventurer-hero types like the Challengers of the Unknown, if they weren't really heroic, mostly hated each other, and were generally thoughtless. So, lots of laughs! It's "Rated P for potty-mouthed adults," which was a bit of a surprise with Chris G.'s art. Give it a try!

No comments: