Monday, January 06, 2020

Three days into the year before I get a figure, what the hell...


Why, yes, I was jonesing pretty bad for a fix! But we had been holding out for these two for a while, and clearance seemed to be the time. Spider-Woman was first for $11.99, and a big chunk of the Molten Man Build-a-Figure that's probably not going to get finished here. I thought the Doppelganger was going to be the big seller out of that lot; I may have underestimated the movie Mysterio, which I'm not positive I've ever seen in person. That version of Molten Man was hardly a major character, though.

Rock Python brings our Serpent Society up to what, four? Cottonmouth, Cobra, Eel. (I could probably shore up the numbers with DCUC's Kobra and Copperhead, 'cause who'd know?) Constrictor doesn't really count since he was approached by Sidewinder's version of the group and blew them off around Captain America #310. I never got Viper either, but I think that was before Hasbro started firing on all cylinders, and they could doubtless do a better one now. I think the Society has been useful for them in making a comic character without a lot of new tooling. Diamondback is another that I'm still waiting for, that could be done reasonably well without much work; but I'd also like Anaconda, one of the Society's heavies since day one. Both of them got my votes in this year's Fwoosh Marvel Top Ten. Since I'm not having to push for a new Nightcrawler this year, I think all my picks would be new characters that had never received a figure before.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Since you mentioned it, I went straight there and voted myself.

Here's hoping we finally get to see Sleepwalker, Jack of Hearts and Quasar being made sometime this year or next. Oh and Mr. Hyde and classic Count Nefaria too. I voted for ROM even though IDW owns the rights, but it's not like Marvel (through Disney) couldn't buy them back if they really, really wanted to.

Who would your 10 be?

googum said...

Ah, I think I forgot Sleepwalker this year! Jack, Quasar, Rom, Diamondback, Anaconda, Outlaw, Two-Gun Kid, Death's Head, Meggan, BAF Venompool, and Punisher [Santa suit]. I'm starting the conversation with that last one!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha ha, sure are. Deep cut there man, haha