Friday, January 10, 2020

Whatta revoltin' development...wait, no. What's the opposite of that?


At a local Wal-Mart at the crack of early yesterday, I found the latest Marvel Legends Invisible Woman and Thing--actually, looking at the packaging in the recycling, they're "Marvel's Invisible Woman" and "Marvel's Thing." Presumably to distinguish them from anybody else's Invisible Woman and Thing. Only those two (and one of the Gamerverse Spidey's) and I think they may have been left since the aforementioned packaging wasn't completely mint. I may have hesitated for a moment before buying them; since I don't necessarily need the FF in every outfit? But I do need a Super-Skrull, so there you go.

Since Ben is huge--a right hefty package! Ladies... Um, he comes with two Skrull heads, but nothing for himself. If you have the Walgreens exclusive Thing, you could of course swap the heads and hands, but they may or may not look right for you: Walgreens Thing had a darker paint wash filling in his rocky crags and cracks; new Ben is lighter. New Ben's orange isn't consistent, either...my camera is charging, let me try a picture with my phone.

Is that weird? It may be noticeable in-hand or super macro photos, and I wonder if this means New Ben's head won't look right on the Walgreens Thing. New Ben's face is very much the Thing, but a very glum Thing. He does have a bit of a Muppet-y look to him, doesn't he?

...why did Kurt need a horsy ride? Because Ben is the effing coolest and everybody's always glad to see him, even if he isn't. Kurt's also probably mangling the name of Don Quixote's horse; but at least 60% of what I know about Don Quixote is from Don-Wan Kihotay from Star Wars #10.

Also yesterday morning, I saw some of McFarlane's new DC figures, and I wish him the best but they did nothing for me. I think somebody else has the license for smaller figures, since there was a three-and-three-quarter inch or thereabouts Batman as well; and some fairly large Iron Giant and Robby the Robot figures.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Very tempting. I know the whole set's in my Amazon wishlist. I really do want that Super Skrull, and Dr. Doom, so I guess I'm all in myself. Makes sense that new Ben would have a new paint job. I mean you can't be too lazy and just put out the same figure, but w/ different tights right?