Wednesday, February 10, 2021

"Kimchi."












Have I ever had kimchi? I don't think so; partly because I don't want to get a bad batch and hate it. I need to wait until I'm somewhere with "the best" kimchi and start there. Or if anybody can recommend any.

Spidey isn't sticky, but I'm at least 40% sure he can make other parts of his body besides his hands and feet adhesive. I think I'm going off an old OHOTMU entry, where his wall-crawling abilities aren't a physical adaptation, but something either psionic or static-electricity based. (Spidey 2099 had little claws, which, while neat, in no way accounted for the overall effectiveness of his wall-crawling!) Of course Spidey could make himself a little web-holster, but where would he be then in an hour? (Also, I can't make a little holster.) 

Forge has had a couple of stints, or chances, to be a lead: his run in X-Factor comes to mind. I don't know if he gets the respect he maybe should; possibly because he was involved with Storm, then Mystique, both of whom could very much do better. Sorry, Forge! I know there was a bit of a breakup issue for him and Storm, yet I still feel like his relationships just trail off. Not unlike my posts...No, to me Forge is always gonna be the guy sending Bishop back in time to do something stupid, then claim it was for something else when he got back. Also, neither Kurt, nor Forge, nor myself apparently, have been paying enough attention to what goes on on Krakoa. Their cooking could be the bomb, I have no idea.

5 comments:

CalvinPitt said...

I would assume Krakoan cooking is crap, because they refuse to use any human spices, but they haven't actually invented any mutant spices yet, soooo. . .

There was an anniversary issue of one of Spidey's '90s series (either Spider-Man or Web of) whether he's telling Mary Jane about his powers and says he can stick to stuff with any part of himself (the art shows him attached to a chimney via his back, I think.) MJ says something about how that leads to some very interesting ideas and Peter's like, "yes, but now's not the time."

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

If Peter hasn't used that ability to use other parts of his body to stick to stuff during sex then he SERIOUSLY needs his man card pulled. Just saying...
Yes it's weird, especially on the days it's NOT wanting to work right for you, but there's possibilities there, everything from having extra room to carry groceries, packages, to babies. What?

And I know, I...KNOW...Kurt's not one to kink-shame someone about sticking to stuff considering all the wild and freaky things Mr. Jesus freak has probably done to just Amanda alone with HIS sticking abilities.

Never had kimchi, but it can't be all that bad right? It's just Ramen noodles with extra stuff in it right?

H said...

If you've had Korean food, you've probably had kimchi at some point. They serve it as a side dish to almost everything. I don't really know much about good vs. bad kimchi- it's all too spicy for me.

What I'm trying to figure out is how you got the gun to stick to Spidey. I don't remember seeing any peg holes (or whatever you call them) and I don't think there's double sided tape there either. However you did it, it's a solid effect.

googum said...

There's a blue putty from Office Depot I use a ton. I hate when you can see it on Satana's drinking hand...

God, I want to write a Spidey story where he has to rescue like 18 babies from a burning hospital (think the end of Hard Boiled) and has them stuck all over him and screaming their heads off. At least one parent would be like, "Um, you keep him."

H said...

Didn't even notice until you pointed it out. I guess that's the advantage of a low-cut costume like Satana's- it draws attention away from special effects tools.