Wednesday, February 17, 2021

"Easy."










Let's see...looking it up, Amazing Spider-Man #252 was May 1984, so it is coming up on 40 years. Not there yet, though.

Gwen and Miles are both somewhat bratty this time around, which is probably the symbiotes' influence. Probably. They could just be tired of 'Dad' and his somewhat overbearing overprotectiveness. Since I've only read the Spider-books very sparingly since "One More Day," I'm not sure what they call each other when all three are there, but others who don't know their secret identities are present as well. 'Dad,' 'Junior,' and 'Missy'? I am willing to bet I'm wrong on this one. I know (from the recent OAFE review) Gwen lost her powers recently, and got them back with a different kind of symbiote than the tradtional Venom.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

This feels like an unofficial PSA on both birth control, hormonal teenagers & space-parasites.
I've kept up on the broad details of what's going on right now with Spider-Man and the whole King in Black "event" but I didn't know the artist formerly known as Spider-Gwen (Ghost Spider is a pretty cool name actually) had lost her powers.
Ha, look at that...Peter's being trying to be rid of them for years, and she up and loses them in only a couple years, not even trying to.

Not exactly making parenthood look all that attractive my man. Is that why you chose to title this week's skit "Easy"?

H said...

Honestly, I didn't even know they hung out with Pete outside of Spider-Verse stuff. I figured Miles and Gwen mostly stuck to the 'next generation of heroes' areas of the Marvel Universe. Shows how much I've been keeping up with things.

The symbiotes are definitely affecting them, though- can't remember them ever being so bratty. Seems a bit more like an anti-drug PSA than a birth control one to me.

Nice job with that censorship gag- actually laughed out loud at that one.