Wednesday, November 10, 2021

"Head."

You know, that head does look more comfortable than some of my furniture.

Anyway, short one this week, but some stuff has started to come in for me: my Sentinels arrived (one to play, one to resell sometime later maybe) as well as my Arcade 1-Up X-Men game. The latter of which, I haven't had time to put together, let alone play; and I'm not sure if I want to do so here or wait until I move. (I have seen some online pics where people seem to have bought enough Sentinels to stage the opening to the arcade game, "In the 21st century...") Likewise, I don't have any backdrop or set big enough for the Sentinel to fit in, so no pictures of him yet. Well, except for his damaged head!
It's pretty big. I guess. I think I was remembering (or misremembering) an X-Men cover--not Uncanny #472 there, but close--where some mutants are sitting atop a severed Sentinel head, possibly in the yard at the mansion, and it's big enough to have a picnic on. (So, in Legends scale, the size of a person's head!) And I love this sequence from Uncanny #444, where Rogue is giving some young mutants a tour of the mansion, and finds Storm, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler hogging the Danger Room. All three are in training outfits--something I don't think you saw Kurt in often--and are mostly just playing, if not showboating a bit. Kurt teleports the torso out of one, a trick that I don't think would work every time; but isn't a bad idea: there's no reason the Sentinel's "brain" needs to be in its head. ("The End of History, part one" Written by Chris Claremont, pencils by Alan Davis, inks by Mark Farmer.)  

For some reason, as I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking about how just awful our world is, but the X-Men's must be just a little bit worse?  I mean, you sometimes see Sentinels put together in colossal assembly lines, or birthed out of a Master Mold or whatever, but they're probably either assembled by underage workers in some disadvantaged country, or some small town in Michigan or the like that's "real proud" that they're USA-made. And remember maybe the late 80's, when in Marvel continuity, the NRA was on the side of mutants? "A short step from registering powers to registering firearms." On the other hand, I have to assume the Marvel U doesn't have (or doesn't have for long...) cryptocurrency or NFT's, since those would doubtless be hacked by or turn into Ultron or something. 

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ah fuck NFTS..sounds like something Stark would've created that yes, Ultron or Doom or someone else with a penchant for using robots & tech, would've no doubt taken over & abused. Sounds like something only criminals would use as a means of making more covert financial transactions.

Definitely jealous of that X-Men arcade game. I need to save up one of the days to gets that as that's one of my personal favorite arcade games besides the TNMT one, Street Fighter 2, and MK.