Wednesday, November 17, 2021

"Another."

I've been wanting to do another longer storyline, but haven't been able to set anything up right now; and I'm not even sure I'll come back to this one. I feel like I've read X-Force #26, the chapter of "Second Coming" where Nightcrawler was killed, but can't recall if I've read the rest of the crossover. So while I figure the X-Men stopped Bastion, I'm not sure Kurt was avenged, if that makes sense. And I know Bastion has returned more than once: I thought he was in the Krakoan era books, but I guess Nimrod is; and is that the same Nimrod that would go back in time then through the Siege Perilous and become Bastion? Maybe not?
Moreover, can you get revenge on a robot? Moby Dick seems to indicate no...Kurt seems to be maybe keeping Bastion at a distance, perhaps to avoid his own feelings; exclusively referring to Bastion as 'it.' Satana, on the other hand, strikes me as being a big believer on revenge, and while she wouldn't really keep up on 'mutant business,' the idea that someone (or something) could hurt Kurt and get away with it would not sit right with her. And she might have a point? Hmm.

And of course, today's "robot taxidermy" subject is the male Prime Sentinel head from the HasLabs Sentinel. Which means I do have Bastion nearby...hmm, again.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Who knew Kurt & Sat: Sentinel Hunters would turn out to be an action-packed rom-com? Hey, as they say, the couple that slays robots together, stays together (even if one or both of them dies in the process, but probably get respawn so its all good)

#RelationshipGoals

We're going to eventually get a Dr.Phil moment between Bastion & Kurt where they sort out their complicated feelings for each other and maybe hug it out in the end aren't we? I wouldn't be against, especially when played for laughs.

So I already told you my thoughts on getting revenge on a robot. Ultimately, a robot itself isn't evil unless it's like Ultron, that actually IS evil because it has human emotions that at this point, powers & drives him like a battery/engine of pure hate for his father & by extension, all humanity. But since he has human-like feelings, he kinda counts roughly as one himself, thus not a true robot, thus a self-hater in EXTREME denial. Now why haven't they explored that aspect of him aside from fratricide?