Saturday, October 14, 2006

Early Frank Miller, but on the same theme.


Running behind. Yesterday the wife and I managed to get away from the kids for a bit, and went and saw the Departed. Pretty good. Before the movie, there was a trailer for 300. My wife thought it looked interesting, and she had liked Sin City as well. I told her I had the comics, and she said no thanks. To her, comics are like little eggs, movies that haven't hatched yet. I suppose that might be just as well; I'd have a hard time explaining the Batman vs. Osama bin Laden thing anyway...

I don't suppose anyone remembers a few years ago, probably when 300 was coming out, that Frank Miller was supposedly going to do a Jesus series. To the best of my knowledge, nothing ever came of that, but I couldn't say why. (To be honest, I'm also totally OK with that.) I haven't read all of All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder, but what I've seen hasn't been for me.

Today's panel, "The Edge of History" from Unknown Soldier #219, was written by Elliot S. Maggin, art by Frank Miller and Danny Bulanadi. This was a back-up piece, from 1978. The copy I have looks like a bite was taken out of it, but it's still a good read.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

The trailer for The 300 just blew me away (and Scorse's movie afterward was equally amazing) .. count that one as one i'm definitely looking forward to for next year