Friday, October 06, 2006



Dr. Strange makes another little housecall, in Excalibur #30, "T'was a Dark and Stormy Night..." Written by Dana Moreshead, pencils by Dave Ross, inks by Al Milgrom. As Kurt himself points out, he's always had fangs, whether or not the artist remembers to draw them in...

Excalibur was more or less a string of vaguely connected fill-in issues at this point, and would remain so until Alan Davis took over writing and drawing. Dr. Strange had his own book, but it was his second series, subtitled Sorceror Supreme. I've only read a few of that one, personally. Rintrah, his green, minotaur-like apprentice, lasted a few years but didn't seem to catch on, and was apparently killed in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #51.



Boy, the color looks pretty ok on this one. Maybe I finally got all the dog hair out of the scanner...

Damn odd: as far as regular books I buy, nothing came out for me this week. Oh, there's a lot of books I'd probably pick up if I was flush, and I may still try Criminal, especially since the Comic Book Shop had a great deal on the first six issues of Sleeper: Season 2 last week. Figure I'll end up picking up something, but your guess is as good as mine at this point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Nightcrawler. Poor, poor...*SNORE*