Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Two new figures...or one, an axe, and a head...


I hit Target again for another pair of new Marvel Legends, Hope Summers and the Constrictor! One I was quite looking forward to; the other character was mostly purchased for the Build-a-Figure parts for Terrax, and to make fun of a bit. Can you guess which is which?


The Constrictor is a welcome addition, of course: he was the bad guy in one of the first issues of Captain America I ever read (#228) and spent a brief stint as Deadpool's roommate. (That was first series, #39.) Frank Payne looks a little manic today, but maybe he's just excited to finally have a figure. I hadn't realized he used to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, either; my main memory of the character was him telling the Serpent Society to get bent when they asked him to join, then being one of the few villains to survive a run-in with the vigilante Scourge.

He does have an unnecessary vestigal belt, though; leftover from the Bullseye body he uses. I hesitate to point it out, since once you see it you can't unsee it--I forget what site pointed it out to me, but thanks heaps. It's not a dealbreaker or anything, just a mild flaw.


Hope Summers...arrrgh. I've read maybe one comic with her, part of Second Coming, and you might recall I wasn't overly fond of that one. Even though she's had her own book (that I think is getting cancelled soon) I only see her as a plot point, a MacGuffin. She's less a character than something to chase after or fight over, and she was in Cable, in Second Coming, and probably in the upcoming Avengers vs. X-Men.

That said, she's not a terrible figure; although I really haven't given her a lot of time yet, either. Her silly tattered cape is removable, as is her head, hands, and arm guards. (She doesn't have alternate hands or head, they just pop on and off.) Hope comes with a somewhat over-large for her rifle (that came with Forge some time ago) and Terrax's head and axe. I won't put him together until I get Klaw and Iron Man, though--this particular Target store had two of the stealth IM's left and a Klaw, so hopefully I'll finish him up soon. (I probably should get a stealth one, since I don't think I have a single stealth Iron Man; but I have a joke in mind for the plain one...we'll see.)

Terrax's axe is a good sized thing, though. Can't wait to see him all together...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

You lucky dog! You and IAT are really making me re-think not getting the new wave of ML figures. Whenever I get the chance, I can see buying New Steve and Ghost Rider.

M.Ahsan said...

Rachel is her aunt since she claims a bond to Cable.