Monday, November 11, 2013

Three days off and still behind? Lazy sod...

Partly, that's because I had my Youngest for the weekend, and with my girlfriend, we all went to see Thor: The Dark World, or Everybody Loves Loki. They really do, don't they? But Tom Hiddleston seems to be having so much fun as Loki, and in interviews and other stuff, so you can't blame him. I quite enjoyed it, maybe even more than Iron Man 3, so Marvel keeps their streak of decent films going. As usual, you have to stay through the credits (as Homer said, those people worked hard on that movie, and all they ask in return is that you memorize their names) for two scenes: the latter is more like two itself, and great; while the first one seems somewhat out of place and features Sif and Volstagg setting up something presumably for some future movie coming out on my next birthday so buy me a ticket now...

I also finished a bit of reading this weekend: finished Warren Ellis's Gun Machine, which reads great even if the ending feels a bit too neat. (Plus, the ending actually ties into something Ellis brought up in an old issue of X-Calibre, of all things!) And I read Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman, which follows a mad scientist super-villain on the comeback trail and a cyborg joining the world's premier super-hero team. Liked that too, although it made me want to re-read the short story collection Masked...and there was another short super-hero collection that's not coming to mind right now, where in one story, a man at a bar tells the story of his almost-origin: betrayed by a business partner, and left to die in an abandoned mine, he was visited by the spirit of an ancient prospector, who offered him the power of the Native Americans...specifically, a red-and-black costume with a huge swastika on it. No sale there...man, that one might've been Superheroes, but I'm not positive. Still, two good reads.

Anyway, watching the Cowboys game, and working on my swearing, so more later.


2 comments:

SallyP said...

I haven't seen the Thor movie yet...but will be soon. And yes... I do love Loki.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

So it was really good huh? Still not sold on it, as I wasn't sold on the first. Maybe I'll rent it when it comes out.

And yeah, you're lazy sod. I worked today....ok maybe not, but I did post them:)