Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chibis, Squinkies, Bonkazonks, googum...not a real word in the whole post.


Long time readers know I usually keep a running total of the action figures I buy over the course of the year. It's been a little light this month, since I've been picking up little things. They're toys, sure; but not proper action figures, so they don't always "count." The Avengers chibis, for example. (Oddly, I had a row of them mounted with sticky-tac on my monitor at home; until my Youngest son decided they had to come down. He said he thought they'd fall off, but rolled the sticky-tac back into a ball and put it away...!)

The Nightcrawler Squinkie was part of an X-Men set, although I'll probably give all or most of the rest to my nephews. Then, today I found the Nightcrawler Bonkazonk in a four-pack, with a Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Onslaught. They're odd little things--I thought they would be like tops, but they're weighted differently than that.
I'll usually go out of my way to pick up any new Nightcrawler trinket, and fortunately these two were pretty easy.


3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

You know, the more you put Nightcrawler with the Doom Patrol, the more I've come to the realization that based off his appearance and powers, Kurt would really fit in well with the Doom Patrol. He'd have the same chance/odds of dying as he would as an X-Men, but it'd still be cool to see him hanging out with Larry, Cliff, and Rita. Hell, he might still be considered the better looking of the 3 guys on the team. Just something to think about.

Anonymous said...

Night crawler bonkazonks is cool, I think I like it better then the squnkie, looks slicker... The squnkie looks like the things in a party favor bag. Does your son like them?

The Pretentious Fool said...

I bought a few of the bonkazonks. Spiderman 2099 is my character I will always buy. Plus, there were soem others that looked cool enough.

Also have all of the Marvel Squinkies. Not sure why.